Monday, December 25, 2017

Purina Feed Greatness Challenge, Week 2

2 weeks down feeding the Purina Outlast now. I'm still giving all three horses one cup of the product per day. Still no real differences. I did notice DC and Demon were leaving behind about half of their hay pellets, so I cut them back. Hoss may have put on a little weight. I took him for a ride this week and lost a notch on his girth. So, the fat horse may be getting fatter.

I'll be taking Hoss and Demon to the Death Valley XP ride. I plan to ride each horse two days. They'll continue to get the Outlast supplement, and I may add it to anything they are fed during the ride days. Since Purina's information indicates they expect it to be fed 3-4 times per day, and they assure users their product is "legal" for competition when fed as directed, it certainly isn't a bad thing. So when they get an additional bran or beet pulp meal, they'll get an extra helping of Outlast.

I have one more 2-for-1 coupon, which will expire on the 29th. I'll have to go redeem it tomorrow. At that point I'll have 3 unopened bags in addition to the half bag or so which I originally opened. At the very least, it last quite a while, at least when fed my way.

Purina has not sent another email yet. It's only been 2 weeks, though, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

When we return from Death Valley, I'll be sure to "weigh" Hoss and Demon again, to see if they've changed measurably. At that time we'll be just past 3 weeks and it'll be time for another update.

This post is rather thin, as there's little to say. So, Merry Christmas, ya'll, and the very happiest of New Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment